Getting a good night’s sleep becomes harder as you get older and that means you need to invest in the right mattress to get the most comfort in bed.
These best mattresses for seniors are all designed with the aches and pains of senior life in mind and they will help ensure that it’s never a challenge for you to get a good night’s rest.
Check them out.
Our Best Mattresses For Seniors
We love this hybrid mattress as it delivers really good pressure relief while sleeping. The overlay of memory foam over coils is a really good combination for a solid mattress that’s super comfortable.
It also offers an incredible range of firmness options that mean you’re always going to be able to find something that suits your needs. This goes well with a Saatva adjustable bed too (see our list of adjustable beds here).
1. Excellent range of firmness options for the pickiest sleepers
2. Cooling mattress which won’t leave you sweating
3. Comfortable in any sleep position no matter what size you are
1. Can help transfer the feeling of motion from a restless partner to a sleeping one
2. The memory foam layer isn’t as “hugging” as it could be
3. Can be quite expensive, though discount coupons can be found online
The first thing that’s going to catch your eye about the Nectar Mattress is the price point which is excellent value for money. It’s an all-foam mattress that is set at a medium-firm feel.
There is a memory foam overlay which offers some body adjustment but it’s not as good as some of the more expensive mattresses offer. We love that they do free shipping on all mattresses.
1. Awesome for side sleepers
2. Great for those who are quite lightweight (230 lbs. maximum)
3. Super value for money
1. Can get a bit hot and sweaty for hot sleepers
2. Lacks that “hug” of memory foam options
3. Can be too firm for some
WinKBed uses an inner spring set up that is covered in several layers of foam and together they deliver solid pressure relief while sleeping.
This mattress also does well for motion isolation and restlessness shouldn’t wake your partner while sleeping on it. It’s a good choice for people in pretty much any weight category too.
1. Try it out for 120 days and if you don’t like it, send it back
2. Good for people who sleep around the edges of the b ed
3. A great balance between motion isolation and pressure relief
1. Firmness is a matter of taste but might be too soft/firm for some
2. Fewer firmness options than some manufacturers
3. The explanation of their mattress technology is quite confusing
The AS3 is the medium firmness mattress from the Amerisleep range and it’s a fantastic choice if one of you is super restless at night and the other is a light-sleeper.
However, these mattresses aren’t hugely responsive due to the amount of memory foam in play and if you want “bounce” you may prefer a different option.
1. Incredibly good motion isolation
2. A very durable memory foam based mattress that “hugs”
3. Very good for those with problem backs
1. If you sleep on the edge of the bed, you may not like the memory foam design
2. Not very “bouncy”
3. Might be too firm or soft for some
A solid offering from Saatva is the Zenhaven mattress though, be warned, it’s a bit more expensive than the average mattress even taking into account the free white-glove delivery.
The 180-day sleep trial, however, is really good and you’ll know if it’s worth the extra money and if it’s not? Just send it back.
1. Fabulous temperature regulation for comfortable sleeping
2. Very eco-friendly
3. Hypo-allergenic for those with sensitive skin or lungs
1. Latex mattresses don’t come cheap
2. It’s a heavy mattress and it takes two to turn it
3. If you weigh more than around 230 lbs, you may find it starts to sag under you
You get a choice of two firmness options with the Layla Hybrid mattress and the comfort polyfoam layer really draws heat away from the body.
1. Excellent for those who get hot while sleeping
2. If you need to grab the edge of the bed for support to get up, this rocks
3. You can modify the mattress firmness slightly
1. A very heavy mattress ask a friend for help before you try to turn it
2. It’s quite expensive
3. They don’t offer a white-glove service nor will they take your old mattress away
Tuft & Needle Mint
This is a lower cost mattress and while it’s super comfy, the Tuft & Needle Mint is for those who are under 230 lbs only. Otherwise, you will sink into the mattress too far and strain your back.
1. Very good for physically light people
2. Comfortable for side-sleepers
3. Good balance between motion-isolation and responsiveness
1. Not as hugging as memory foam
2. Can give you back pain if you’re on the heavier side
3. Not very “bouncy”
Titan Firm Hybrid
If you’re on the larger side and a heavy sleeper, this is the bed for you. Titan Firm is for Titans and makes no bones about it. It is, however, very firm, indeed.
1. Great if you weigh more than 230 lbs
2. Superbly firm mattress if that’s what you want
3. Cooling for those who are hot sleepers
1. Many will find this mattress too firm
2. Not great for side sleepers
3. May need to buy add ons for the most comfortable sleep
Brooklyn Aurora Hybrid
This made in the USA mattress offers a 120-day trial period and if you don’t like it, you can simply send it back for a refund. It also offers a generous 10 year warranty.
1. Very comfortable thick foam overlay
2. Ideal for those who want a cool mattress
3. Microbial repellant built in
1. Quite expensive
2. Quite heavy
3. Only three firmness options
DreamCloud Luxury Hybrid Mattress
An excellent choice of mattress for those that have specific pressure points that they want to relieve. The three-layer design is very supportive.
1. Targeted support for your pressure points
2. The cashmere cover is luxurious feeling
3. Good memory foam layer
1. May hug too much for some people
2. Not for vegans
3. Quite heavy
Final Thoughts On The Best Mattresses For Seniors
Don’t rush into purchasing a new mattress, make sure to consider your sleeping style (and your partner’s) and your medical needs and match the mattress to that.
Each of these best mattresses for seniors is ideal for one or more groups of sleepers and we’re positive that you’ll find one that suits your needs to a “T”.
Buying a new mattress can be expensive so why not make some money from your hobbies or take one of these well-paid retirement jobs for some extra cash?