Seniors that suffer from chronic conditions or who have mobility issues can often benefit from an adjustable bed.
However, until recently these beds were often massively more expensive than a regular bed and were out of the budget range of many.
Now, though, they’re much more affordable and some of the best adjustable beds on this list are substantially under $1,000.
Our Best Adjustable Beds
Saatva Lineal Adjustable Bed Base
Saatva is an excellent brand and this bed is fully-medically approved. It will ensure that, no matter what position you need to sleep in, that you get optimum support.
It works best with a Solaire Upper-Flex mattress, also from Saatva, but it’s OK to use another mattress if you prefer.
1. Almost weightless “Zero G” support that most beds can’t provide
2. Inbuilt massage function for your head or legs
3. Under Bed lighting which can be activated in bed to prevent tripping
1. No mattress included
2. You get what you pay for and this is premium priced
3. Might be a little complicated at first
Amerisleep Adjustable Bed
This adjustable bed from Amerisleep has a very similar look and feel to a classic bed. It has removed the retainer bars of most adjustable beds and replaced them with its own MicroHook system.
The wireless control makes operating the bed super easy and raising legs to boost your circulation has never been easier. It also has a nice wave massage unit.
1. The wave massage function is good
2. The single remote control is brilliant
3. It looks fantastic
1. No mattress included as standard and the Amerisleep mattress is expensive
2. Smart home functionality is a bit confusing to install
3. 10 year warranty could be longer
Lucid L300 Bed Base
This is a superb budget adjustable bed from Lucid. It doesn’t have quite as much flexibility as the mega expensive options but it is under $1,000!
1. Includes a bunded mattress
2. Huge range of sizes available to choose from
3. It’s quite easy to assemble
1. The split king option doesn’t fit well with two people in the bed
2. The mattress can slide a little during use
3. If the bed is too high, the shorter legs are quite expensive
TempurPedic TEMPUR-Ergo Extend
The most flexibility we found in an adjustable bed came from TempurPedic’s TEMPUR-Ergo Extend. It also had one of the quietest motors that we tested.
1. A very quiet bed that is very easy to adjust
2. Excellent 25-year warranty
3. The most flexible bed to adjust
1. The control isn’t as easy to use as it is on some other beds
2. The massage function is good but more complicated than it needs to be
3. No mattress included (see our best mattresses guide for some options) and the TempurPedic mattresses are quite expensive
YAASA Adjustable Bed
This YAASA bed doesn’t just adjust when you’re in it, it can also be folded away when you’re not in it. This makes it an ideal choice for those looking for a bed to fit in a smaller space.
1. The programmable backlighting is excellent
2. The under bed storage is a nice touch
3. It folds up easily
1. Fewer size choices than with other adjustable beds
2. Only offers a 10-year warranty
3. It’s very heavy and assembly isn’t easy
Classic Brands Comfort Upholstered Adjustable Bed
This is a very peasant adjustable bed that comes with a mattress (you choose memory foam, gel foam, coil spring or a hybrid). It also offers a solid zero gravity option.
1. Good programmable presets
2. Can support up to 660 lbs. of combined weight
3. An excellent remote control
1. Not built as a wall-hugging unit
2. Not made from steel
3. Remotes are easy to detach and lose
GhostBed Adjustable Bed Frame
The best massage mode on any bed that we tested was on the Ghostbed Adjustable frame. IT also has a flashlight built into the remote control which is pretty handy.
1. Amazing massage mode with 15 different types of massage
2. The flashlight on the remote is a brilliant idea
3. Can support many mattress types
1. It’s really hard to assemble
2. The massage mode is a bit loud and may scare your pets
3. Some users report torn fabric on receipt of the item
NaturalForm Adjustable Bed Plus
NaturalForm’s bed includes their Garden Sleep Technology which is designed to ensure that your body weight is evenly spread across the bed using air springs to deliver support.
1. Lots of choices regarding the options for your bed
2. Super comfortable
3. Great for those with specific conditions they want to alleviate
1. They’re quite expensive
2. The huge number of options can be quite confusing
3. No massage system
Leggett & Platt Base-X Adjustable Bed Base
Based in Carthage, MO and founded in 1863, Leggett & Platt is an American treasure. If you want your bed to look perfect in your bedroom, their attention to style is second to none.
1. Their customers report some of the highest rates of satisfaction in the industry
2. Lots of convenience features like Wireless Bluetooth controls and app controls
3. Their website is really good for those who want to compare features
1. Only a one-year full warranty (though 25 years of limited warranty)
2. One of the more expensive options on the market
3. The anti-snoring preset is a good idea but we didn’t find it worked as well in practice as it might
Nectar Sleep Adjustable Bed Frame
Nectar Sleep’s direct-to-consumer only model of doing business means that they keep the costs lower than some other manufacturers. Their mattresses are super comfy.
You can choose any size that suits you. The drive motor in this bed is very quiet. We were also impressed with the massage function.
1. Full 1-year in-home satisfaction guarantee in addition to the warranty
2. They have a full “sleep system” for the ultimate comfort
3. The mattress has a 25-year warranty
1. The frame only comes with a three-year warranty
2. No dealers means no support if the company folds
3. White glove delivery is essential
Final Thoughts On Adjustable Bed Frames
There probably is no perfect adjustable bed that fits absolutely every need but these best adjustable bed frames will offer enough options that you can find your perfect bed among them.
They’re all super comfortable and they offer a nice mix between features and value that makes it easy to get a bed without breaking the bank.
If you’re looking for ways to earn a bit more cash before you shell out for an adjustable bed frame then check out our best paid jobs for seniors as well as the best low-stress jobs for seniors.